Setting Goals but Seizing the Moment

Setting Goals but Seizing the Moment

Vacation mode is over, but that doesn't make it any easier to switch gears.  I put my shop in "vacation mode" while we went on a road trip to capture the last weeks of the summer.  Now that I'm back, there's so much do be done:  I have been listing a few vintage pieces, but once that's done, it's time to get some handmade items completed.



My to-do list grows every time I glance at it, with an unending series of should-do's, could-do's, must-do's,want-to-do, and likely-won't- do's.  Sadly, many of the want-to's are likely going to end up in the likely won't-do pile.  If I am going to keep up with creating, listing, and marketing the things I make, there needs to be some discipline.  But when is "too much work and no play" just too much altogether?  I mean, what is the point if we can't seize the moment sometimes and just do what we enjoy?

I intend to do a lot more of seizing the moment from now on.  I think ultimately it inspires creativity, and I will come back to my work refreshed, and not resenting the hours of work still ahead.  At least, that's my hope ....

What do you do?  When is it time to take a break and just enjoy life?  And how much of a break is too much?


Items in photos are and/or will be for sale at www.etsy.com/ruthsgreentreasures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments