The first long weekend of the summer starts today -- Canada Day weekend here in Canada.  It is also my husband's birthday weekend or, as he likes to say, all of Canada celebrates his birthday.  This is a milestone birthday and we are planning a surprise party for him.  Well... he knows we'll have a family barbecue and cake, but he doesn't know we invited an extra three dozen people.  My sister is hosting at her place which is perfect because, one, it helps keep the surprise; two, she decorates much better than me; and, three, her house is much tidier than mine.  One extra surprise that is the most fun of all is that my son who lives in Europe will be here for the celebration.

Meanwhile, we have been doing a bit of house renos, specifically installing a new sink.  That is a whole other post, but after spending a day working on it, there is a new sink in my kitchen.  Believe me, we had all sorts of glitches.  There are so many more updates and repairs and re-decorating jobs to do, but that will have to be it until the fall. The yard is a joy to hehold, full of flowers, green grass, and a small garden. Summer is too short to spend it all indoors.

I have spent an amazing amount of time working on social media sites to promote "my little shop on Etsy"
. Some sites just don't seem very intuitive to me, and others seem to be carbon copies of each other.  I'm not sure I "get it".  If everyone is like me, it takes all the time available just to check the sites and post a few new things, and return likes and follow people who started to follow me.  When I will ever get time to actually look at their sites and re-fave their stuff, or comment, or read their tweets ... there just isn't enough time in the day.  How do people do it?

While sales have been slower than I would like, I have been really busy for the past two months working on custom orders.  It is great to have pre-sold what I make, but I do spend more time fussing over the work when I'm trying to figure out how to make something for a customer instead of designing what I want to make.  But every time my customer says they love what I am making for them as they view the work in progress via photos, it feels just awesome!  I have some wonderful customers and am very grateful for their enthusiasm and support.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments