The new year is no longer so new, it being February now. No need for season's greetings anymore; it will soon be time to tally up the resolutions I have kept, except I didn't write any. Does anyone else have time slip away from them like this?

I closed my Etsy shop for most of January while I was on a bit of a vacation. I believe the shop notice said to come back in February to see my new shop look. Hmmm, there's no new look but I have been toying with making the products I want to list.

 My new project has been experimenting with fused plastic. It's fun and feels really creative, in a I'm-being-green-and-saving-the-landfills sort of happy way. I spent a few hours online to get an idea of how to fuse the plastic ... it's plastic shopping bags. Everyone cautions that you must work in a well ventilated room due to fumes (even if you can't smell any, they're there). I had a window open beside me, despite the fact that the wind chill was minus 35 or so. Ouch! The fusing went fairly well, other than dealing with static cling and once or twice I melted a little bit onto my iron. Good thing that I am using my Mom's old old iron. It will clean, and the mess was minimal. I made three wallets with the material I fused, lining each wallet and putting in credit card holders.

 Overall, I was quite impressed with the process, but my back is aching from the time spent leaning over a table, cutting and arranging the plastic, then ironing it. I'm sure I'll have some shop suitable pieces to list in a few days, but I'm itching to get back to sewing something where I don't have to make the fabric first. Or possibly I should make a couple more rugs first; that is the fastest way to clean up some of my fabric stash.... which would help to create a more orderly work room.

 I've been checking out a lot of blogs lately, and wish my blogging skills were better. So much great reading material out there.
Which reminds me, I found a great old Home Economics textbook with super b&w photos. It includes a romance and the home ec teacher quits because she's getting married. Seems strange to incorporate a romance into a school textbook, but it's fun reading today.

 I've added a few vintage pieces to my shop. The Pampers t-shirt is adorable and in very good vintage condition:  
I have some "new" vintage nylon stockings. I'd be happy to find a home for them. They are light and easy to mail. Send me a message if you're interested; they are in my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/RuthsGreenTreasures

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments