Yay! Another Sale. Upcoming Craft Shows... and way too much Candy Cane Game.

Yay. Another sale. I usually have my first cup of coffee in bed while I check emails and shop stats on Etsy.. Yesterday, there it was - an email saying I had been paid -- so I knew something had sold. That's a great way to start the day. It was my first non-North America sale, which made it extra special.

 Recently I saw some notices of upcoming craft shows. Now, if I left it to myself, I would likely think, "hmm, I should enter," and then miss the registration deadline. So I talked to my sister, who has been doing a lot of painting lately, and asked if she had enough inventory to enter the show and, if so, I'd share a table with her. She is organized and gets things done -- on time, no less! So we are entered in three craft shows. I have done a couple of shows before, but they ended up being not-craft shows ... most of the tables were rented to home party sales people, so lots of Tupperware, candle companies, and cookware dealers, but very few crafts. The shows were poorly attended, and the shoppers were more aptly called "lookers". Still, all in all, it was interesting and I should have kept doing the shows. Instead I got discouraged a bit, but it's time to try again. It will be fun to have a partner at the show.

 I've been trying to organize my "studio" but haven't got very far. The studio is in the basement, and I like sewing upstairs with natural light. I tend to avoid the basement, but I'm not really ready to surprise my family by turning the living room into my private studio space. It would work well, except for, um, the mess of stacks of fabric and yarn all over the place.

 .... and of course the other impediment to getting myself organized is a game I discovered on Facebook. Perhaps you've heard of it; it seems like half the people I know online are playing ... Candy Crush. In the past week I have spent waaaaay too much time playing. So, resolution: QUIT playing that darn game and get something accomplished. I've always had a thing for puzzle-type games. Not gambling, just trying to figure out the puzzle and then moving on to try to beat my score. Years ago I used to play Tetris on the Nintendo after everyone else was asleep. I like Bejewelled and Marbles and Zuma Blitz. And now this Candy game has sucked up a bunch of time on me. I tell myself it's a brain exercise and that on some level it is keeping my brain active and preventing the onset of dementia ... I mean, my father developed dementia, so I worry a bit about that.

 Honestly though, it's almost like I sabotage myself from accomplishing the things I should be doing. What is that? A fear of success? Or pure self indulgence in playing games and having fun? Or an outright addiction to those stupid games? Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with these simple puzzle games?



I have been working on some new bags:  here's my favourite:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments