Busy Spring Time

Has it really been months since I posted?  Yikes.  I've been adding more and more blogs to my reading list, and reading as much as I can, so I guess my own writing went by the wayside.  Plus ... so much as been happening in life.

The grand kids just grow more precious every day.  They are beautiful little beings, full of curiosity and love, and I don't think it's possible to spend too much time with them.  That being said, I sure am ready for a nap whenever they take one!  It's a full time job keeping up with them.  The oldest is two and a half, and just discovered bubbles.  He got a set recently, and it's been a daily activity for him.  It is pure joy to watch his fascination with the bubbles that float away in the breeze.

Baby is walking now and enjoying her freedom to play and move around independently.  At the risk of being totally repetitive, she is a beautiful little girl.

I signed on with a couple of companies to do mystery shopping and completed a number of assignments, including test driving a couple of cars and eating out in a nice restaurant.   It's been fun, and every time I have encountered excellent service so my reports are easy to do with very little to critique.

I spent three weeks out of province visiting my aunt and helping her list and sell her house, then get packed and moved.  It all fell into place so perfectly that there was obviously a helping hand from God in all of it.  I can't imagine getting as much work done in such a short time at my own house.  I guess the secret to professional organizers is that it's much easier to organize another person's stuff.  When it's your own, you don't just see the items, but you see stacks of memories, and that's what physically and emotionally draining.

I intended to be in a major craft show in May, but since I was away I had to skip the show.  My sister participated and sold a few of her paintings.  It was a positive experience so NEXT YEAR I'll be there.

Now that I'm home and summer is fully upon us, it's time to go camping with my husband.  I love getting away from the city and being outdoors, although I miss -- and curiously, don't miss -- the computer and wifi.  I hear the parks in our province are going to be installing wifi, and that will change the face of camping for me.  None the less, I love campfires and cooking outdoors ... and a few drinks around the campfire ... and staying up late to crochet or read ... and the smell of coffee on the camp stove, freshly made in an antique coffee perk.

My Etsy shop - Ruth's Green Treasures -- has had lots of activity lately.  Not my creations but for my patterns and vintage stuff.  It's all good, and for now I'm going to keep everything listed in one shop. Promoting two shops would take twice as much effort.  One of my teams has a listing blitz on this weekend, so I got to work and listed three next patterns.  I'll close this post by adding photos and links.
Have a great summer everyone!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments