New Interests, New Projects

After not posting for over a month, I am feeling inspired to write but I should be preparing for this weekend's craft sale. I will compromise with a short post.

This weekend Ruth's Green Treasures will have a table at a new two-day craft sale.  The sale will raise dollars for MS.  The organizers are people I met at a craft show in the spring, who decided we should host our own sale.  I hope there will be a good group of vendors and customers.  I am not familiar with the venue but have heard that it's very good.

This week's preparation will be mostly focused on producing fused plastic wallets and gift card holders.  I was hoping to make a couple more rugs but that looks unlikely now.  My working time is being reduced by two meetings I committed to attending:  one is a women's meal & meditation at church, and the second is a Save the Children meeting that I somehow volunteered to host at my house.  What was I thinking when I agreed to the date?

I found a number of small needlework kits last month, while visiting my son.  He loves thrifting so we spent several hours in new-to-me antique shops and thrift stores.  Our theme was "items made in countries that no longer exist / have new names".  We bought a couple of "made in occupied Japan" ornaments and debated about a bowl from Yugoslavia.  I bought the craft kits and a number of sewing patterns. After our shop, he returned to buy a 1950s arborite table.  I don't know if I'll be back to his city anytime soon, but I loved shopping there.



Love the vintage look.
Back to the sewing patterns ... I love old patterns.  I have a number that belonged to my Mom, who had received them from her sisters in the 1950s.  I doubt that I'll ever part with those.  When I see a pattern, it makes me think about the possibilities it could create, and the fun I have while sewing.  It's really easy for me to pick up a couple dozen patterns whenever I see them, but I've decided to share some of them in my shop.  After all, I can't sew all of them myself, and sharing is good!




What is your favourite fashion decade?  Do you collect old patterns too?  I love the '20s and I'm waiting for a true 80s revival.  I missed the 80s the first time around as I was at home with three pre-schoolers, with no time to notice what was stylish.

This one was one I purchased new many years ago.  Like many of my pattern stash, it was never used, but will be a great find for someone who wants to create a farmyard nursery 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

RGT