What Will She Wear .... What Will I Sew?

The stores have all their spring and summer stock in place by now, and some of it is adorable.  But it's also pricey.  I admire all the pretty things, especially the little girl dresses, and sigh when I see the price tags.  But at least it inspires me to go home and check my ever-growing stash of pattern and fabric.

I "acquire" fabric and patterns at yard sales and thrift shops.  I love sewing, and use up quite a bit of my purchases when I get my sewing machine set up.  But I also sell lots of adorable pattern in my Etsy shop.  

It didn't start out that way.  My intention, when I set up the shop, was to sew tote bags and crochet floor rugs and sell them online.  I still do some of that, but somehow I have evolved into focusing on patterns.  I love the hunt for new patterns, and I love sharing them.  I enjoy the listing process, including googling to find the right terms to describe collars and trims and styles in general.

Since I was looking for a special dress pattern to sew for a sweet little girl in our family, I thought I'd share some of the adorable patterns I haven't sewn yet ... ones I hate to part with, but I just can't keep all of them for myself.



I plan to add more of these sweet girls' patterns, but I'm still having trouble getting photos to upload right way up.  I think it's blogger-related, and ultimately I expect I'll need to migrate my blog elsewhere, where I can post photos with less trouble.

I'm wondering if using publisher to create new jpgs of the photos would help with the orientation.  I'll experiment when I post more of my patterns.

Anyone working on summer outfits yet?  My sister makes lovely summer outfits for her niece, perfect to wear over leggings, and equally great as a jumper over a t-shirt or sweater in chilly weather.  But for now, we're thinking summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

Simplify Christmas Preparations: Enjoy the Moments