The Journey Continues

With this post, I have officially re-named my blog, after much thinking and indecision. I thought I should make some comments about this "re-branding" and the direction I want to take.

Coincidentally, I celebrated my birthday recently. I am retired and have the freedom to do what I want on my birthday.  The best way to celebrate that I could think of was to invite my two grandchildren over for the afternoon and evening.  One of them even decided to sleep over with us.  Their parents were able to have the evening to themselves and go out for supper.  Not that I didn't want to see the parents, but this worked out well for everyone, and we enjoyed focussing on the children.

Birthdays are the sign-posts on our life's journey.  As they add up, we are thankful to still be here and more aware of the blessings in our lives.  But while we can look ahead to the next one, the choice of which roads to take in the coming year are our decision.

I am trying to be more purposeful in my journey now.  I am ready to work on those "someday" goals and projects.  I have so much I want to accomplish yet, but I also am getting much better at realizing what things matter most.  I can be content with letting some things go.

I am working to establish an on-line business and that will be a major focus of the coming year.  But time with my family will come first.  My grandson's baseball games and my grand-daughter's skating are events that I do not want to miss.  I have volunteering opportunities I hope to explore.  I intent to re-establish participation with church, both the one I attend as well as where my grandchildren go.  I want to be a good neighbour and member of the community.

I want to clean and organize my home, and weed out the things that are taking up space that should find a new home.  While I'm at it, I want to take all the "special" things out of storage, and enjoy them on a daily basis.  So I intent to use all those china cups and saucers when I have a friend over for tea.  No more cheap mugs!

I don't have a plan for the house re-org, but I am interested in following the Fly Lady online.  I had such good intentions to follow her household management plans beginning with January 1st, but illness intervened, followed by, thankfully, good health and a holiday.  But the time has come to get serious.

I invite you to follow me on my journey.  Let me know how your journey is going, what you find is useful in managing your home, and what your priorities are.  Thank you for being part of the journey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

RGT