Inertia

Every day I look at the spaces I use most, and every day I promise myself I will de-clutter, organize, tidy, clean, whatever you want to call it.  Every day thinking about doing all that makes me very very tired, and I often succumb to a voice in my head that says, “you need to have a nap”.  Some days I do feel awake and productive, and I can get a lot done when I feel that way.  Unfortunately, it rarely lasts two days in a row, and by the time I get back to the organizing project, I have to re-do so much of what I got started the last time.

Two steps forward, two steps back.  Inertia.

So this time, I am not looking at it as cleaning and de-cluttering.  I’m looking at it as creating a new workspace for my projects.  Some of that workspace is in the basement where I want to create a proper studio for my projects and everything related to my Etsy shop.  And some of it is on the main floor, where I sometimes prefer to work and enjoy the sunshine.  And then there’s my closet ….

Baby steps, I read.  So that’s what this will be.  Baby step for today is to actually work on one of my projects.  Once I get into being creative, my desire to have a more efficient studio space will inspire me to start sorting out that space.


Meanwhile, I hope to get something new and exciting ready to list in my shop: www.etsy.com/shop/RuthsGreenTreasures  I have worked on prototypes over the winter, but kept improving or redesigning what I was trying to accomplish.  I think it’s time to make some things to sell and see what sort of feed-back I get before I do more experimenting.  The new items will be made of repurposed, upcycled materials, and I feel great about that.  Further, my son said they were pretty cool, and he doesn't often get overly enthused about my creations.  Fingers crossed, eyes on the goal, and off to work I go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's Fitness & Gyms

Sewing at Home

RGT